In just a few days, Sony will reveal the lineup for next month’s PS Plus Essential Games. This is the basic tier of the newly revamped PlayStation Plus subscription service, which now includes three different tiers.
Every month the question is, what three free games will Sony release next month, and will they be any good? Sometimes we have pertinent evidence to clue us in on an upcoming release. Sometimes games are leaked ahead of time, or rumors fly.
Lately, leaks have been dropping just hours before the official reveal – instead of days. That may be the case with December’s PS Plus titles. As of now, no credible leaks have found their way online. Not even any tantric rumours.
fact, there is only one new release releasing on Tuesday, December 6th, the day the 3 PS Plus Essential Games will be released. That ‘s Hello Neighbor 2 , releasing for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. It’s possible that this will be one of next month’s games, simply because it will also be available on Xbox Game Pass on day one. However, I don’t think it’s likely, since you can pre-order the game on the PlayStation Store. When a new release is arriving on PlayStation Plus on its first day, it’s often not available for pre-order (no doubt to avoid refund headaches).
Since we don’t have leaks (yet) or rumors, we’ll just have to make predictions blind—which, I admit, often amount to wish-lists. If the game does get leaked, I’ll update this post accordingly.
PS Plus December 2022 Predictions
I’m going to start off with my #1 prediction for December, which of The Last of Us Part 1is a completely remade version . Either that or The Last of Us Part 2. I guess one of these games is only likely because the HBO show, starring Pedro Pascal as Joel and Bella Ramsey as Ellie, is coming out January 15th. (This also means these are good choices for the January PS Plus release).
A PS Plus release can build hype toward a sequel, spinoff, or adaptation, so releasing one of these games before an HBO show makes a lot of sense purely as a marketing tool. Of course, Part 1 was only released in September of this year, so it’s probably too new to release so soon as part of PS Plus. But The Last of Us Part 2 comes out on PS4 in 2020 and would make for a great free game a month before the show premieres. They’re still able to capitalize on the remaster or remake whenever Naughty Dog reaches it, so it’s a win/win situation.
- We should order 1886 Just because. It is a ritual. Everyone has been predicting this game since ages and it never came. (On a side note, I’d love to see a PS5 sequel to the game that got rid of the quick-time events).
- Sackboy: A Big Adventure There was a cross-gen launch title for the PS5 and it has yet to be added to PlayStation Plus, so it’s always a good guess.
- Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order It also makes a lot of sense because a sequel is on the way and we can see it in action at The Game Awards this year.
- see also Fenyx: Immortals Rising Get on PS Plus because this is one of Ubisoft’s more engaging games in recent years.
- Mixing it up a bit, we should probably expect some sort of sim-type game and/or some sort of sports or fighting game.
Other possibilities: Cult of the Lamb, Sifu, Nier: Automata, Insurgency Sandstorm . , , The list could go on and on. The reality is we can’t say for sure until we find out this Wednesday! My best prediction? None of these are correct!